This is the first time the rookies are practicing with the team. Don’t get to worked up over good or bad reports.
- Hakeem Nicks- Came out “polished”, and looked the part. Nicks made some nice snags and showed he definitely could be on the field from day one. (side note: he couldn’t fit into XXXXL size gloves….WOW)
- Ramses Barden- Showed nice long stides while running his routes. Caught the ball well.
- Rhett Bomar-Had great zip on the ball. Flashed nice ability and outperformed last years pick Andre’ Woodson.
- DeAndre Wright/ Stoney Woodson- Looked fluid in coverage and forced alot of no throws by the Qb’s when both were on the field at the same time.
- Alex Fields- The 6’7 UFA defensive end was able to get some pressure on the QB. He also did a nice job of holding his positon in running plays
- Andre’ Woodson- Was “outplayed” a bit by Bomar. Started of practice slow but did pick it up as practice went on.
- Vince Anderson- The UDFA cornback made a few plays but was mostly beat in coverage for most of practice.
Mini Camp Schedule:
Friday, May 8
10:10 – 11:50 a.m. Practice
After Practice Photo Op with Rookie Draft Class, Tom Coughlin and Jerry Reese
After Practice Tom Coughlin Available on the field
12:35 – 1:20 p.m. Player Availability
3:20 – 5:00 p.m. Practice
Saturday, May 9
9:40 – 11:20 a.m. Practice
After Practice – Tom Coughlin Available on the field
11:35-12:15 Coordinators Bill Sheridan, Kevin Gilbride, Tom Quinn Available
12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Player Availability
2:30 – 4:10 p.m. Practice