Yesterday, the NY Giants brought some free agents in to workout for roster spots — here are some of the moves that were made:
- CB Justin Tryon was signed (cut by the Indianapolis Colts)
- OC Jim Cordle activated from the practice squad
- OL Selvish Capers was signed to the practice squad
- WR Brandon Stokley was released due to his quad injury
- QB Sage Rosenfels was released from IR
- CB Brian Williams cut to make room for newly signed CB Justin Tryon
Here is the injury list that the Giants are dealing with today ahead of practice:
- DT Rocky Bernard (rib)
- DE Justin Tuck (neck/groin)
- DE Osi Umenyiora (knee)
- OC David Baas (neck)
- LB Michael Boley (knee)
- RB Brandon Jacobs (knee)
- CB Prince Amukamara (foot)
It’s great to see Zac DeOssie off that list this week. And the release of Brandon Stokley by default removes him from the list. That’s all for the good news.
It’s concerning to see Boley on this list — he’s had an outstanding year so far as the defensive signal caller, and the Giants defense has benefited tremendously from his increased involvement and leadership. I hope this is just a formality.
Jacobs has been doing ok in limited action — he’s a good third option on my fantasy team right now as he always seems to get a TD around the goal line. Again, hopefully it’s just a formality and he’ll continue to get snaps. If the Giants had to rest him for a week — I’d rather see Da’Rel Scott in there than DJ Ware… but I also dare to dream.