Here are the news and nuggets from around the web this very somber Monday morning.
(AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)
• Tom Coughlin felt the game was sloppy for both teams but obviously the turnovers killed the Giants in the end, despite several big plays made by the Giants offense to put the team in position to win. (video)
• The highlights of the game are barely worth watching, except for the Cruz catch that put the Giants up 22-19 in the 4th (link)
• Antonio Pierce went on Mike & Mike this morning and ripped both team leaders DE Justin Tuck and RB Brandon Jacobs for not playing yesterday. Pierce basically feels that if you don’t need surgery, you should be playing for your team. (BBI)
• Rodney Harrison agrees with Pierce (BBI)
• American Forces Network needs your vote to show the Giants @ Bills game next week in the Middle East (Facebook)
• NFC East Blogger and unabashed Philadelphia fan Jimmy Kempski feels like taking his life this morning as both the Eagles and Phillies collapse over the weekend (link)
• Fun facts: The Giants have run the ball an average of 83.8 yards per game — their worst stat line since 1953. Eli Manning is also on track to take more than 44 sacks this year compared to just 16 last year. Think there continue to be some offensive line issues for the GMEN?
• Proud to say I crushed my opposition in both fantasy leagues this week. Although someone swooped in Wednesday and stole Victor Cruz off wavers ahead of me — Eli Manning, Adrian Peterson, Greg Jennings, and my super sly moves 2 weeks ago picking up Pierre Garcon and Darius Heyward-Bay have both paid off once again. Also the San Francisco defense has been making miracles happen for both of us this year… keep it up. The Jets defense, not so much.