Finally, the last week before the real deal. Luckily for the Giants, they have an extended rest with playing on Thursday and then playing on Sunday night Week 1. The Cowboys are playing 5 total preseason games, if that means anything to anyone.
There are changes being made to the offensive line due to the very limited success, if any, they had against the Jets. The starting O-Line will be as follows (from left to right):
Coughlin says the starters will only play 12-15 plays, and with that being said, here are my players to look for:
1) James Brewer (#73)
- Has never started a game, and was originally brought to the team to be Diehl’s replacement at RT but that never panned out. He moved to right guard to take Snee’s place in camp when he was hurt, and finally got put at left guard for the first time ever on Monday. See if Coughlin keeps him in more than 15 plays to get the extra work.
2) Charles James (#37)
- Been a favorite of mine if you have read the previews/recaps that I have done. The UDFA has shown a lot of promise during camp which has carried over to games, especially in the punt return aspect. I see him making the team on his punt return abilities alone, his extended reps at corner will show what else he may bring.
3) Ryan Nassib (#9)
- Nassib will be the 2nd QB coming into the game behind Eli’s 12-15. I want to see him with some more protection. Every game he has played, he has been under constant duress. Carr will come in later with Painter getting in if there is enough time, so look for Nassib to get plenty of reps.
4) Marvin Austin (#96)
- Great showing last week. Still on the bubble however. I said in my recap that he may need to carry over what he had going to this game, and I still think that is the case. Defensive Tackle position is deep this year and Austin has had time to prove himself. Look for him to go all out with the solid amount of reps.
5) Michael Cox (#29)
- Time for Michael Cox to kick Da’Rel Scott to the curb once and for all. Cox has not only shined on kick returns, but the screen game as well. I would like to see him get in there before Torain, better competition, but still expand the amount of reps.
6) Any of the Tight Ends (#84, #83, #81)
- Larry Donnell looks like the only tight end that wants to play on this team. He came back from an injury in which people were speculating a blown knee. Brandon Myers and Adrien Robinson have shown me absolutely nothing to make me okay with letting Martellus Bennett go.
There you have it. Week 4 preseason recap is in the books. If you are watching any other players feel free to comment below!