Breathe easy Giants fans, the GMEN finally pulled through with a victory in 2013 against the terrible Minnesota Vikings on Monday. Unfortunately, it took a painful seven weeks to get to this point. Lets hope the Giants can make it two in a row with a win this Sunday against the hated division rival Philadelphia Eagles. And make sure to grab Giants vs. Eagles tickets if you’re looking to head down to Philadelphia and watch the game behind enemy lines.
What’s better than following up a Giants win than diving into another week of GMEN HQ staff predictions!
First, here are the answers to last week’s questions:
1. Will the Giants hold Adrian Peterson to under 100 yards? Resounding YES (28 yards)
2. Over/Under 5 carries for newly signed Peyton Hillis? Way over (18). In fairness, Jacobs wasn’t injury wasn’t thought to be as serious when I initially made these questions up.
3. Who will have more interceptions Eli Manning or Josh Freeman? Josh Freeman (1 to 0)
4. Who will lead the Giants in tackles? Jon Beason (9 total, 5 solo)
5. Who will lead the Giants in sacks? Justin Tuck (1)
6. Will the Giants finally get off the snide or will they lose their seventh straight game to start the season (include final score)? Giants 23, Vikings 7
Bonus Question: Will Eli Manning have a pick 6? No
Here is the leaderboard through seven weeks:
1 T Kaz – 20 + 4 = 24
2 Me – 16 + 3 = 19
3 Ricky – 16 + 2 = 18
4 JT – 11 + 5 = 16
6 (T) Cousin Matt – 12 + 3 = 15
6 (T) Josh – 11 + 4 = 15
7 James F – 6 + 5 = 11
8 Adam – 7 + 3 = 10
9 Tom – 8
James F had a very strong week and moved out of the cellar and into 7th place. T Kaz keeps rocking along, although Ricky and I are trying to keep pace. JT also had a very solid week and soared up to fourth place. I was pretty surprised by how many people nailed the most tackles question (Jon Beason). The Peyton Hillis question would have been a lot easier to predict if I had sent these questions out on game day, but Jacobs situation was still very cloudy when I made these up.
Now, without further ado, this week’s questions:
1. Will Eli Manning be able to go two straight weeks with no turnovers?
2. Will Michael Vick play the whole game or will the Giants defense knock him out?
3. Over/under 2.5 sacks for the GMEN?
4. Who will lead the Giants in receptions?
5. Will Hakeem Nicks be able to go a whole game without a drop?
6. Will the GMEN make it two straight heading into their bye week?(Final Score)
2. Knocked out (not sure about early, but definitely before the game is over).
4. Victor Cruz
6. Giants 26, Eagles 20 Giants (going be a weird, ugly game).
1. Nope, one INT.
2. Knocked out
4. Rueben Randle
5. Not a chance.
6. Yes, Giants 34, Eagles 16.
1. No way, at least one interception.
2. Knocked out, let’s be serious he is as fragile as a dandelion.
3. Under, this unit just can’t get to the quarterback and finish.
4. Victor Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzz (and yes, I mainly make this question up just so I can type that)
5. Nope, the guy just seems to not be in the right place mentally right now.
6. Eagles put the nail in the coffin on this Giants season. Eagles 31, Giants 28.
2. Michael Vick will get hurt.
4. Rueben Randle
6. Giants 31, Eagles 30
2. Out early
4. Victor Cruz
6. Yes, Giants 24, Eagles 17
2. I thinkMichael Vick survives the game but doesn’t look good doing it.
3. Under 2.5 sacks. Jason Pierre-Paul has been non existent thus far and it’s hurting the entire defensive line.
4. Victor Cruz. No question
5. NO. He is lazy. That’s why the Giants should let him go after the seasons over
6. YES. Giants 24, Eagles 17