The battle of New York City is set to take place in Week 8 of the NFL season as the New York Jets take on the New York Giants!
This will be the first time these two teams have played since November 10, 2019. The Giants lead the all-time series, 8-6, but the Jets have won the latest two editions of the rivalry.
For more Week 8 picks, check out our BetSided NFL betting analyst Iain MacMillan’s best bet for every game on the slate here!
In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on the game, including odds, trends, injuries, and my best bet.
If you want to get in on the action, I'd recommend doing so at FanDuel Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will receive $200 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager. All you have to do to take advantage of this offer is click the link below to sign up for an account!
Jets vs. Giants odds, spread, and total
Jets vs. Giants betting trends
- Jets are 4-2 ATS in their last six games
- The UNDER is 8-3 in the Jets' last 11 games
- Giants are 5-2 straight up in the last seven games vs. Jets
- Jets are 8-1 ATS in their last nine games played in October
- Giants are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games
- The UNDER is 5-0 in the Giants' last five games
- The UNDER is 12-5 in the Giants' last 17 home games
Jets vs. Giants injury reports
New York Jets injury report
- Sauce Gardner - CB - Questionable
- D.J. Reed - CB - Questionable
- Brandin Echols - CB - Questionable
- Michael Clemons - DE - Questionable
New York Giants injury report
- Daniel Jones - QB - Questionable
- Matt Peart - OT - Questionable
- Evan Neal - OT - Questionable
- John Michael Schmitz Jr. - C - Questionable
- Andrew Thomas - OT - Questionable
Jets vs. Giants how to watch
- Date: Sunday, October 29
- Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Venue: MetLife Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- New York Jets Record: 3-3
- New York Giants Record: 2-5
Jets vs. Giants key players to watch
New York Jets
Breece Hall: It's time for the Jets to stop giving the ball to Dalvin Cook and start feeding Breece Hall on a weekly basis. Hall is averaging 6.5 yards per carry this season and 3.7 more yards per carry than Cook. He's their best offensive weapon and the more they get him involved, the better.
New York Giants
Saquon Barkley: The Giants offense got a boost with Saquon Barkley back in the lineup, and he rushed for 77 yards on 21 carries against the Commanders. With questions at the quarterback position, I expect them to continue to ride him this week. This game could very well be a Hall vs. Barkley showdown.
Jets vs. Giants prediction and pick
The total for this game is at an insanely low number, so I think the best thing we can do for the Battle of New York City is to take the OVER 36.5.
In order to justify a total this low, I would expect both defenses in the game to be amongst the NFL's best. That's not the case in this game. You don't need me to tell you the Giants' defense has had plenty of issues this season, but I don't think the Jets defense has been as elite as people seem to believe.
They're just 16th in opponent EPA/Play and 15th in opponent yards per play. Those aren't the defensive numbers I'd expect for a team playing in a game with a total of 36.5.
Let's sit back and root for points in this one.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!