Again, we here at Fansided.com have the luxury of having access to fans that follow and write about their teams on a daily basis. Today we visit with Jamie Pacheco of MusketFire.com as he answers some burning questions about the Patriots prior to this weeks Super Bowl.
1. How will the injury to “The Gronk” affect your game plan and who will need to step up in his abscence if he cannot go?
2. Tom Brady has carried this team all year, however your defense has looked better as of late. What has been the difference in the defense this year and lately?
3. Who’s bigger in Boston, Sox, Celts, Bruins, or Pats?
4. What is the state of your offensive line currently and who might be the weak link?
5. Predictions on how the game will evolve?
I think the Patriots will actually start slower in this game than normal. I think that they were really onto something when they had BenJarvus Green-Ellis running the ball against Baltimore, who were focused on getting to Brady. My guess is some more running plays, namely draws and straight ahead power runs, to catch the Giants sleeping and try to wear them out as the game progresses. Bill Belichick has emphasized conditioning in practice, and I think that will play a large factor towards the end of the game. Belichick turned the heat up in the Pats’ practice bubble to simulate conditions in the dome. Which team is best conditioned to win in the fourth quarter will determine what I feel will be a tight game.