Well here we are at the quarter pole!
Hard to believe how fast the season progresses and now it’s time to start believing in some teams:
1. Houston: Looking like the most balanced team so far. A Monday night showcase against the hapless Jets will bring them national attention next week.
2. San Francisco: After taking a week to re-group, they showed their weapons on Sunday. They now get three straight home games versus the Bills, Giants, and Seahawks. This will be a nice run to see how talented they really are.
3. Atlanta: Nice win against a feisty division opponent. Three of the next four against NFC East opponents, with Oakland and a bye week in between.
4. Arizona Cardinals: Not sure how they are doing it, but they are doing it. I think the dream ends soon with Rams, Buffalo, Minny, and San Fran on the horizon. Let’s see where they sit after that run.
5. Baltimore: They continue to find ways to win, and using Ray Rice more is a good place to start. K.C., Dallas and Houston up next.
6. Giants: Stumbled a little in Philly, and lost another piece in the secondary. Cleveland at home before a trip to San Fran, home to Washington, a trip to Dallas, and back home for Pittsburgh.
7. Chicago: Nice win in Dallas..notice the multitude of Bears fans in Dallas? … Big win on short rest only because of next three. Jags, Lions, and Panthers should move them up.
8. New England: Thought they were done in Buffalo…guess not…Broncos and Seahawks will provide test to see if they stick in the top 10.
9. Green Bay: O-Line needs help fast. Indy, Houston, St, Louis, and Jacksonville should keep them afloat.
10. Denver: Time to show what they can do against the big boys. Patriots, Chargers, Saints, Bengals.
11. San Diego: While we all wait for the collapse f this team, their schedule takes a turn for the better. N.O., Denver, Cleveland and K.C.
12. Pittsburgh: Coming off the bye week they get Philly, Tennessee, and Cincinnati. Time to show who you are.
13. Philadelphia: Still doing it with smoke and mirrors, but if Andy Reid decides to be true to his west coast style, and use McCoy more..they could make a nice move here. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Atlanta, and New Orleans await. Stealing one against NY could provide a nice lift.
14. Minnesota: Nice win on the road in the division. Tenn, Washington, Arizona, and Tampa should keep them on the right track.
15. Cincinnati: Not sure where this team belongs, but the talent is there. Miami, Cleveland, Pittsburgh before the bye should provide some insight.
16. Seattle: Battle of the underachievers Sunday with Carolina with New England and San Fran to follow. This defense is ferocious, but this isn’t soccer, you need to score sometime.
17. Washington: Nice win in the end, but the defense was carried off the field a few weeks back. Atlanta, Minny, NYG…Not sure they can hang on.
18. Dallas: Awful job by the offense on MNF. Now must face Baltimore, Carolina, NYG, and Atlanta…Could be done early if they don’t figure it out soon.
19. Detroit: Actually think they might be done early this year. Stafford struggling and D looks bad. Eagles and Bears up next, both with good offenses.
20. Carolina: Not sure who this team is, but I do know Cam needs to stop dancing and start winning. A very tough Seattle defense up next before the bye week.
21. Jets: If they lose Holmes for any length of time, you might as well start Tebow, because there is no one to throw to anyway. Houston on MNF next. Jet fans might want to make other plans for that night. New England, Miami, and Seattle after that….
22. St. Louis: Playing hard and deserve a mention.
The Rest: Buffalo, Tampa, New Orleans, Tennessee, Indy, Miami, Oakland, Cleveland, K.C. and Jax