Another crazy week in the NFL, with major injuries that will change the rankings real soon. Great comebacks, historic collapses and a few jobs lost are the stories of the week.
1. Atlanta: I don’t believe this will last. I think they were pushed around by Oakland and Carolina, but they did find a way to win. Three desperate teams await them and will decide if they deserve this spot. Philly, Dallas and New Orleans.
2. Giants: This team amazes everyone at times. If the defense played like that every week, they would easily be the most complete team. Home to a pesky Washington, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Cincy next.
3. Chicago: This team has three weeks to solidify it’s position. Detroit, Carolina and Tennessee up next.
4. San Francisco: Not sure why they tried to change who they are last week. Alex Smith is not the QB you want when trailing by 10 or more in a game. The Wildcat only works against that other New York team. Seahawks on short rest this Thursday.
5. Houston: Is the loss of Brian Cushing this big or did they just have a bad night against the wrong team? Baltimore and the bye next.
6. New England: I know they lost but I still think they will find the proper identity and move on. Jets and Rams next.
7. Green Bay: Rogers and the offense showed how good they are. St. Louis, Jacksonville and Arizona next.
8. Baltimore: I think the loss of Lewis, Webb, and the limiting of Ngata will be too much to overcome. A very upset Houston up next.
9. Seattle: This QB is for real right now, and the D is very good. A good showing against San Fran will go a long way.
10. Pittsburgh: Which way will they go? Cincy and Washington to decide their top ten fate.
11. Minnesota: Bad loss to Washington. Arizona and Tampa up next.
12. Denver: Peyton just needs time to throw. Saints and Bengals up next.
13. Arizona: Two bad losses in a row with Minnesota and San Fran up next. Need to right the ship quick.
14. Miami: Big mover of the week is Miami. Bye week and a re-match with the Jets to come. Well coached team.
15. Washington: I hate to move them up after a one man show beats a poorly coached team, but no one else looked all that good last week. Let’s see if they play well against the Giants this week, as they always do!
16. Cincinnati: Terrible loss to Cleveland, who was due for a win after some hard fought games. Pittsburgh next.
17. Buffalo: They seem to have figured it out after opening night. Defense finally showed up a little. Tennessee, Houston, New England and Miami. In other words, a tough road.
18. Detroit: Showed well after the bye but they need to start playing complete games soon.
19. St. Louis: Green Bay, New England and San Fran will probably bury this team for a while.
20. Philadelphia: Coaching changes already. Reid and Vick in trouble. Atlanta and New Orleans after the bye week.
The Rest: San Diego, Dallas, The Jets, Tampa, New Orleans, Tennessee, Oakland, Indy, Carolina, Cleveland, K.C. and Jacksonville