Not much change at the top this week. Some teams had some close calls, but despite what people think, it’s not easy to win in the NFL
1. Atlanta: Is Philly that bad? A desperate Dallas and almost dead New Orleans, followed by Cards, Bucs, Saints again and Panthers. Who will be their first loss?
2. Giants: You make your own breaks is how the saying goes. They have set themselves up to have a successful season and the division is already theirs to lose. Pittsburgh at home, a trip to Cincy, and then the late bye in week 11
3. Chicago: Competition takes a step up soon: Tennessee, Houston, Niners, Vikings, Seahawks and Vikes again.
4. Houston: Bills, Bears, Jags and Lions should keep them on top in the South
5. Green Bay: Again, the schedule is their friend for the short term but then it gets interesting. Arizona, Lions, Giants and Vikes.
6. San Fran: Nice statement in the division on Monday. After the bye they get Rams, Bears, Saints and Rams again. Bears game will be fun.
7. New England: Offense will keep them going for a few weeks with Bills, Colts, Jets and Dolphins up next.
8. Pittsburgh: Nice test this week in New York vs. Giants followed by Chiefs, Rams and Browns.
9. Denver: They have survived the early test, now the schedule turns in their favor. Cincy, Carolina, San Diego and K.C.
10. Minnesota: Bad stumble. That division isn’t going to be easy to win. Seattle, Lions, Bears, Packers. … Could spell doom or give them a big bump.
11. Miami: Well coached and proved the backup can step in and win.
12: Baltimore: Let’s see if they can adjust to a new era of defense
13. Washington: If the coaches can stop experimenting and just call the plays, they will be fine.
14. Dallas: They fought valiantly but ultimately shot themselves in the foot.
15. Seattle: Showing some toughness and a very good defense. On the right path.
At week 8 there sure are a lot of mediocre teams:
16: Buffalo: Still alive, but need to find the defense
17: Cincinnati: A real disappointment. Time to show anything is now.
18. Detroit: Saved their season with a last second score. Time to play 45 minutes if not 60.
19. Tampa: Still talented, despite the coaches college tricks
20: Arizona: Total freefall.
The Rest: Philly, San Diego, The Jets, St. Louis, New Orleans, Tennessee, Oakland, Indy, Carolina, Cleveland, K.C., and Jacksonville