Teams are starting to make that push to the end, and the real contenders are making their way to the top.
2. New England (10-3): Anyone doubt they can make a run again? This team just doesn’t lose in December.
3. Houston (11-2): Just like the Falcons, too much success early is not always a good thing. The pressure is back on to show the league they are ready to take the next step.
4. Indianapolis (9-4): This team shows it’s fight and determination every week, and they have the QB that keeps them in every game. They now are starting to believe they can win every game.
5. Baltimore (9-4): I have no problem making a coaching change at this point, but I think the replacement is untested and over rated.
6. Pittsburgh (7-6): Bad loss to the Chargers at home, now must face a hungry, although beat up, Dallas team. They need to right the ship quickly.
7. Cincinnati (7-6): Terrible loss to Cowboys, especially with Philly on a short week followed by their two main rivals Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
The NFC is now officially wide open….
1. San Francisco (9-3-1): The Niners seem to be getting back on stride, but still don’t like the QB drama. Big trip to Seattle on the horizon.
2. Green Bay (9-4): Showing what having a winning team is all about. Still think they will struggle in the playoffs without a good O-Line.
3. Seattle (8-5): Good defense, good running game, and a pretty good QB. Let’s see if they make everyone believers vs SF.
4. Atlanta (11-2): Coaching and playing in a dome can de-rail this team. Still need to show some toughness.
5. New York Giants (8-5): This is the team that showed everyone else how to finish a season. Two tough road games ahead, but they aren’t known as the road warriors for nothing.
This is where it really gets interesting….
Chicago, Dallas, Washington, Minnesota, St. Louis, and Tampa
Chicago has one last chance to make a stand this week vs Green Bay, but Cutler is not 100%.
Dallas pulled off a big win, and now faces Pittsburgh, but Dez Bryant might be gone for the season.
Washington continues to show fight and win big games, but can Robert Griffin finish the season healthy?
St. Louis won a close one in Buffalo to stay alive and they now face Minnesota and Tampa who they must beat to have any chance.
Minnesota and Tampa continue to lose games at the most critical time, neither one can afford another defeat.
This weeks games feature:
Giants vs. Falcons
Redskins vs. Browns
Cowboys vs. Steelers
Colts vs Texans
Broncos vs Ravens
Vikings vs Rams
Buccaneers vs Saints
Packers vs Bears
49ers vs Patriots
And you wonder why the NFL is so popular. Somewhere the schedule maker is smiling one huge smile!