1. Defensive Ends
- Tuck doubtful, JPP out. Free agent DT Cullen Jenkins has actually been in Tuck’s place these past few days with the ones. How does Kiwi do at his true defensive end position? Look out for Adawale Ojomo and Adrian Tracy, two players that shined in last years preseason with Tracy or “Yosi” getting a few snaps in the regular season. Rookie Damontre Moore will be under the most spotlight. Another player that has been killing it in camp will have his opportunity to show what he’s got come game time.
2. Defensive Tackles
- A glaring weakness last year. Giants went out and got Jenkins and Patterson out of free agency, drafted Hankins out of Ohio State in the 2nd round. Shaun Rogers is back and has been working next to Linval Joseph in practice when Jenkins slides to DE. Marvin Austin may be on his last life as well. In all actuality, the competition is so deep at the position that they can just keep a constant rotation throughout the game of all players besides Joseph and Jenkins.
- Do the Giants split the field with Prince and Webster or is one locked on a wideout? Aaron Ross should be getting plenty of reps, along with Hosley. Be on the lookout UDFA Charles James, guy has a great nose for the ball. Plenty of depth, Giants are just waiting to see if there is a diamond in the rough.
- Free agent Ryan Mundy, formerly of the Steelers, needs to show something. Will Hill is playing for a spot on the team after his 2nd suspension. Can Tyler Sash contribute after being buried on the depth chart last year because of his suspension? Which safety will roll down towards the line of scrimmage in their 3 safety set?
- Group I am most excited about. The Giants barely have a starting squad at this position so it is another revolving door for reps in preseason. You have players like Aaron Curry who is trying to finally make a name for himself in the league. Herzlich, who is trying to prove to everyone he is a starter. Keith Rivers trying to stay healthy. Dan Connor battling Herzlich. Paysinger showing he is more than just a special teamer. Williams wanting to be out there for every snap. Sabino and Bosworth just trying to make the team. Players most interesting to me are Sabino and Curry.
- David Wilson? Jernigan? Cox? Who is back there? We know Wilson wants to return but will the Giants let him?
- Randle, Ross, Jernigan. I am sure there are a few dark horses for both kick and punt returners.
Well there you go, this is more of a preseason game guide, but as the games are played I will write a preview and recap of each. Anything you are looking for during Saturday’s game? Writebelow!
Tags: New York Giants