Is a Second Half Major Collapse Looming? 24-14 Chicago.
First drive, interception.
- miss communication with Randle
- Short field drive to the 5
- Drop by B Marsh on 4th and 3.
2nd drive, pick 6.
- Miss communication with Randle
- Drive included a hard 16 yard run by Jacobs ending with a plow over of Conte.
- Solid pitching and catching by Eli and receivers not named Randle.
- Jacobs fininishes drive with a TOUGH 4 yard TD
- 10 plays 80 yards 6 minutes
- B Marsh too good first down catches
- Fiametta long catch and run
- B Marsh left open in middle of endzone for TD
- Pascoe picks up a big 3rd down on a hard catch and run.
- Play Action fake to Randle for 37 yard TD.
- Cutler carves up defense
- B Marsh back shoulder works, somehow.
- Nicks doesn’t catch 3rd down a slant that a receiver like Brandon Marshall would have made.
- Eli was 8-8 after the INT before that 3rd down.
- Ends in a field goal, didn’t take advantage of the clock.
What Needs To Happen:
The defense needs to get stops. Very lucky B Marsh dropped that ball on 4th and short near the end zone.
Watch quick throws by Cutler.
Giants need to keep giving the ball to Jacobs who finished the half with 57 yards and a TD.
Keep Eli protected against weak Bears D-Line.
If JPP continues to play like this, he needs to sit. Watch him. He is slow, little movement.
Bears get ball to start. Must get a stop down 10.