I apologize for not getting a piece out last week for those of you who follow the page. I attended a close friend’s wedding in Montego Bay Jamaica MON! It was a small piece of paradise and for anyone looking for a travel destination, take a look at the Rose Hilton in Montego Bay. Make sure you get the all-inclusive bracelet. Trust me on that one! As far as football the emergence of Justin Blackmon, the Superman effort my Cam Newton, and the accuracy of Nick Foles were all fantastic stories last week. Let’s take a look at who should be in your lineup for week 7.
• (PHI) Nick Foles vs. Dallas Cowboys – Speaking of Foles, did you know he has thrown for 6TDs and no INT’s so far this season? Did you also know that the Cowboys have given up more than 400 yards passing more than twice this season? That sounds like an appealing matchup to me. Foles threw for 3TDs against the Bucs and also helped DeSean Jackson achieve his first ever multiple TD game in his career. His ability to show HC Chip Kelly poise under pressure and to not make the mistakes Michael Vick is known for may make him not just a solid pick-up for week 7, but for a lengthy period of time.
• (BAL)QB Joe Flacco – Flacco has been less than spectacular after receiving his monster contract. It’s not completely his fault since Ray Rice and the running game have simply disappeared. Rice is averaging less than 3 yards a carry, and that’s killing Baltimore’s ability to pass the ball. However, playing against Pittsburgh is a great way to kick things into gear. Flacco is coming off one of his best games of the season after throwing for 342 yards and 2 TDs with no INTs against the Packers. Let’s hope he can continue the trend upwards.
• (IND) WR T.Y. Hilton – This is a huge game for the Indianapolis franchise. Meeting face to face with the man who brought you out of the doldrums and into multiple Superbowl appearances??!! I assume the crowd will be very appreciative of their former MVP, but there’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is Luck. Andrew Luck. Luck has been held back by Pep Hamilton’s more run heavy system this year, but this game is going to be an absolute shootout. Both Manning and Luck are some of the more accurate passers in the NFL and both have multiple options in the passing game. The only guys on both of these teams you don’t start without hesitation are the DEFENSES.
• (SF) RB Frank Gore – Gore, much like Flacco, has been less than appealing most weeks. However much like Flacco he has gained some momentum in the last few week totaling over 100 yards in 2 of the last 3 weeks. Tennessee hasn’t been able to get anything going this year and especially since Jake Locker went down. Look for Gore to continue his statistical upswing in week 7 against the Titans.
• New England Patriots DST vs. New York Jets – The Jets are in trouble, for many reasons. But with no Holmes, their pathetic passing game looks even worse on paper. The Pats are also going to be getting Rob Gronkowski back this week and should be teeing off against the Jets defense all day. Even with the loss of of both Mayo and Wilfork. I expect the Pats to be in overdrive all day, especially against the Jets.
Less Appealing Options
• (SEA) QB Jake Locker vs. San Francisco 49’ers – With his first game back from Injury Locker has to face off with one of the toughest defenses in the NFL. Locker has been fantastic this year really coming into his own as a passer. It doesn’t make much sense to me why Tennessee would play Locker when they have their BYE week coming up in week 8. Fitzpatrick hasn’t been stellar, but he’s been better than most people give him credit for. If you stashed Locker, leave him on your bench until week 9 vs. St Louis.
• (IND) RB Trent Richardson vs. Denver Broncos – This is going to be a shootout as I mentioned before. Don’t get me wrong.. Richardson should see carries even at the goal line. I just don’t think the running game is going to be a focus for the Colts against the Denver Broncos. Richardson hasn’t gained more than 60 yards yet this season and I don’t see that trend breaking this week.
• (TEN) RB Zac Stacy vs. Carolina Panthers – Stacy has put up two 70+ yard games since being named the starter in St. Louis. The Panthers rank 4th against the run through 6 games. I can’t see Stacy running thru what most people are saying is one of the best up and coming defenses in the NFL. The front 7 of Carolina possess size and speed and close off the lanes faster than most. Stacy is a plodding runner, more of a one cut guy. I expect the Panthers to be more than ready for this matchup.
• (ARI) WR Anquan Boldin vs. Tennessee Titans – Boldin has been doubled virtually every route since his week 1 performance. Last week he was targeted 8 times but only able to grab 3 receptions for 28 yards. Those numbers aren’t fantasy worthy. Tennessee isn’t a great secondary, but it seems the NFL took notice of Boldin after week 1 and intends on keeping him from having anything close to that kind of game again.
• Cincinnatti Bengals DST vs. Detroit Lions – The Lions will get Calvin Johnson back this game, and even though Joique Bell will probably not suit up, the Lions’ running game has been great with Reggie Bush. Look for Matthew Stafford to be throwing a lot. They’re ranked as the 6th best passing team in the NFL and I expect that to go up by the end of week 7.
Good luck this week to you all. I would say something inspiring about the Giants, but it is getting harder and harder to see light at the end of the tunnel. Still, as a fan, you can never give up! Let’s hope for a win… If not I think I am going to church next Sunday before the game. Go Giants!