After starting the season with an abysmal six game losing streak, the Giants have caught fire, or more correctly, terrible quarterbacks to go against, and have won their last four games. Now the GMEN are only two games back of the NFC East leading Philadelphia Eagles and have a big time divisional match-up against the Dallas Cowboys this weekend. Sunday is a must-win game for the Giants if they want to have any hope at catching the Eagles in the division standings and without a doubt they will face their toughest match-up since beginning their winning streak.
Before jumping into this week’s GMENHQ.com staff predictions, let’s take a look at the answers to last week’s questions:
1. Over/Under 22.5 carries for Andre Brown? Under (18)
2. Over/Under 1.5 interceptions by Eli? Under (1)
3. Who will lead the Giants in tackles? Terrell Thomas (8 total and 7 solo which broke the tie with Jon Beason and Jacquian Williams)
4. Over/Under 2.5 sacks for the GMEN? Under (0)
5. Over/Under 105 rushing yards for Eddie Lacy? Wayyyyyyy under (27 yards)
6. Will the GMEN make it an improbable four in a row and defeat the hobbled Green Bay Packers?(Final Score) Yes, Giants 27, Packers 13
Bonus Question: Will Matt Flynn see any playing time on Sunday? No
And here is a look at the standings through ten weeks:
1 T Kaz – 31 + 5 = 36
2 Ricky – 26 + 6 = 32
3 JT – 22 + 4 = 26
4 Me – 23 + 0 = 23
5 Adam –17 + 4 = 21
7 (T) Cousin Matt – 15 + 3= 18
7 (T) Josh – 15
8 James F – 13
9 Tom – 10
Ricky absolutely destroyed my questions last week getting five of six correct and the bonus question. Despite his fantastic week, T Kaz is still holding onto first after another fine performance. One of these weeks I have to trip him up. As for me, well, let’s just say it was a week to forget. I got an embarrassing 0 questions correct and JT has pulled in front of me. I will try to redeem myself this week.
And now, what you have all been agonizingly waiting all week for, this week’s questions:
1. Over/Under 10.5 carries for Brandon Jacobs?
2. Over/Under 3 touchdowns by Eli?
3. Who will lead the Giants in receptions?
4. Over/Under 1.5 sacks for DeMarcus Ware?
5. Who will win the turnover battle (Giants, Cowboys or Push)?
6. Will the GMEN actually win 5 in a row and officially put themselves back in the NFC East division race or will their hopes and dreams of a playoff push be crushed?(Final Score)
Bonus Question: Will Tony Romo have a classic Romo melt down in the fourth quarter?
3. Victor Cruzzzzzzz
6. Yeah buddy! Giants 30, Cowboys 24
BONUS: Not a meltdown necessarily, but he’ll have a chance to tie it or take the lead at the end of the game and come up short.
1. Under, 8
2. Under, 2
3. Victor Cruz
6. Yes, Giants 24, Cowboys 20
Bonus: He will not.
3. Victor Cruz
6. YES! Giants 38, Cowboys 13
Bonus: YES..But it won’t be close at the time
1. Under – Close, but not quite there
2. Over – I just can’t trust him, especially not against this ball-hawking defense.
3. Rueben Randle
4. Over – He will be too tough for the Giants offensive line to handle.
6. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Cowboys 35, Giants 31
3. Victor Cruz
5. Yes (28-21)
Bonus: It wont be last drive type stuff but he will have an opportunity in the beginning-middle of the 4th and not tie or take the lead.