Tidbits from Thursday’s Preseason Games
By Ed Roberts
I did not get to watch every game, but I was able to catch a few snaps here and there on NFL Network – Enough to give a short reaction.
– First thing that stood out to me was Ryan Mallet. Looks like Belichick did it again. Kid was throwing lasers all game. Brady’s predecessor in the making. The Patriots also scored 47 points – the most in their franchises preseason history.
– Vick scored a touchdown on the opening drive. Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, Nnamdi and the dream team took their first snaps as new Eagles.
– Cowboys Dwayne Harris went buck wild on the Broncos in a close game. Orton looked ok, Tebow not so much- regardless of his stat line.
– Russell Okung got hurt for Seattle. Again. Early reports were that it was not that serious.
– Kevin Kolb had a good rapport with Larry Fitzgerald even though they came up scoreless together. Still think they need another wide receiver to take pressure off of Fitzgerald. A veteran perhaps. Terrell Owens anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
All in all it was great to see live football again.
For more news, updates, and analysis follow me on Twitter: