Fantasy Football Names To Remember
With regular season NFL football back this week most fantasy football players out there have completed their drafts by now. For those of you who haven’t you’re cutting it pretty close and you should check out my sleepers and busts articles for some names to highlight on your cheat sheet and others to avoid.
Starting next week I’ll be once again posting a weekly waiver wire article where I recommend players to pick up in your leagues. Since the season doesn’t start until Wednesday I needed something else to write about for this week so I’ve put together a list of names you should queue to the top of your waiver priority list that might come in handy after the first week of football action is completed.
There are always names that come out of nowhere during Week 1 of the NFL and it’s a good thing to know about them now so that you’ll be ready to claim them off waivers as soon as you can. You never know when you might find the next Marques Colston on the waiver wire…
The names I’m going to be listing below have an average draft position (ADP) of higher than 180 which means they are on average going undrafted in a 12 team league with a roster size of 15 players. The ADPs listed for each player were taken from the FantasyPros website.
- Martellus Bennett. New York Giants Tight End (ADP: 184)
- Tim Tebow. New York Jets Quarterback (ADP: 186)
- Russell Wilson. Seattle Seahawks Quarterback (ADP: 187)
- Jon Baldwin. Kansas City Chiefs Wide Receiver (ADP: 194)
- Doug Baldwin. Seattle Seahawks Wide Receiver (ADP: 195)
- Kendall Hunter. San Francisco 49ers Running Back (ADP: 196)
- Jerome Simpson. Minnesota Vikings Wide Receiver (ADP: 204)
- Joel Dreessen. Denver Broncos Tight End (ADP: 222)
- Robert Turbin. Seattle Seahawks Running Back (ADP: 229)
- Tony Moeaki. Kansas City Chiefs Tight End (ADP: 244)
- Leonard Hankerson. Washington Redskins Wide Receiver (ADP: 248)
- Jonathan Dwyer. Pittsburgh Steelers Running Back (ADP: 255)
- Mohamed Sanu. Cincinnati Bengals Wide Receiver (ADP: 297)
- Rod Streater. Oakland Raiders Wide Receiver (ADP: undrafted)
- Jordan Cameron. Cleveland Browns Tight End (ADP: undrafted)
Below I’ve typed up a few notes about the above list:
-Of all the players listed Russell Wilson should already be drafted on most teams. His ADP has him as the 23rd drafted QB in most leagues. That’s in the QB2 range. He has the chance to surpass his ADP and become a borderline QB1 and I would rather have Wilson on my fantasy team than say Josh Freeman, who is currently ranked at QB19, or Alex Smith (QB20).
-Tebow won’t have any value until Mark Sanchez is benched, as he more than likely will be, so it’s best to get on the Tebow bandwagon now rather than watch somebody else in your league take him.
-Hunter and Turbin are good pick-ups if you own either Frank Gore or Marshawn Lynch, as you never know if either of those starters will be able to play a full season.
-Bennett could become a top-12 fantasy tight end and could be a useful bye-week fill-in at the position.
-Simpson is suspended to start the season but once he’s back he’ll be the teams #2 WR and that could lead to plenty of targets for him.
-Streater is a guy you might want to pick up right now, depending on Denarius Moore’s situation. Raiders QB Carson Palmer went to Streater quite often during the pre-season and he is next in line to start if Moore can’t go Week 1.
Good luck with your fantasy football season and check back every week for more fantasy football content here on GMEN HQ and feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments section. We like a good fantasy football debate here at GMEN HQ.