One of the fiercest tacklers in the 2015 NFL Draft is Benardrick McKinney from Mississippi State. McKinney has incredible speed for a 6’5″ 250 pound linebacker. This combination of size and pure acceleration to the football makes him a hot commodity. He could easily be a top 25 selection come draft day.
While McKinney is best suited to be an outside linebacker in the 3-4, the New York Giants should have no fear in drafting him. He is a versatile player. He is a good pass rusher, but he is a polished linebacker who can stuff the run and play coverage as well. Essentially McKinney is the proverbial jack of all trades.
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Big Bodied with long arms which help in pass rush
- Plays with a low pad level, can win leverage battle with blockers
- Quick off the edge
- Good against the run
- Strong Tackler
- Diagnoses plays well and reacts with great quickness
- Where does he play in the Giants defense? He is either a project at defensive end or an outside linebacker opposite of Devon Kennard who you could be used more in passing situations to rush the passer
- Shedding Blocks
Overall, McKinney is a strong prospect, who will likely be taken in the first round of the NFL draft.