If you’re a NFL fan, you’re interested in the NFL draft; if you’re a New York Giants fan you’re especially intrigued because your team has many needs. Continuing our draft coverage of every major prospect we turn our heads to Arizona State’s Anquan Boldin like receiver Jaelen Strong.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 22nd overall prospect
Strong is the 4th ranked receiver on the GMENHQ Big Board and he is projected to be drafted in the mid to late portions of the 1st round. Strong has the ability to really wow you. Every time I watched the Sun Devils this past season he always made an amazing play that made me take notice.
The greatest part of Strong’s game is that he is capable of making the how-did-he-do-that catch. The contested 50/50 passes and the one handed reach like Odell Beckham Jr. kind of plays are a specialty of Strong’s. He is a good deep threat as well. While he is a bit raw as an overall receiving prospect, he has big time potential.
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Has strong hands
- Good speed and quickness
- Contested catches
- Great vertical ability, always open above his head
- Good production, in two seasons at ASU, Strong had 157 receptions for 2,287 yards and 17 touchdowns
- Not a great route runner
- Not a great option underneath
- Inconsistent effort
Should The New York Giants Draft Him?
Strong is not a top 10 pick; however if he fell to the second round he would be a steal. The receiver position is not a position of dire need, but the Giants would have great value if they could snag him off the board in Round 2. It is doubtful that Strong would fall that far, but this is a very competitive crop of receivers so you never know.