Eddie Goldman is an impressive athlete who can dominate as a nose guard in the National Football League. He has a similar skill set to his former teammate Timmy Jernigan, who the Baltimore Ravens drafted as a steal last season in the second round. Goldman is a stout 6′ 4″ 320 pound tackle with quick driving feet and great upper body strength.
Goldman is arguably the second best defensive tackle prospect, behind Danny Shelton (who could be a top 10 pick). Goldman is a beast up front as he often drives offensive lineman into their quarterback. He demands double teams over the center, in the 1 technique and also at the 3 technique. He is a space eater with the quickness to make plays in the backfield. He is best suited to be an interior defensive linemen in a 4-3 defense.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 17th Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Big and bulky: He is a space eater with the ability to two gap if needed. He hardly ever gets knocked backwards
- Quick burst off the snap of the football
- Explosive: He has great acceleration in short bursts and quick feet for a big man. He can make plays in the backfield
- Squeezes Gap down the line of scrimmage on run plays away from him
- Versatile: Can line up anywhere inside of the offensive tackles
- Great bull rush
- Goldman can be over aggressive, sometimes he will backdoor plays (run himself out of it)
- Does not always recognize screens and is susceptible to a trap block
- Needs to be better at disengaging with linemen to make tackles
- Could add weight
- Over dependence on Bull Rush
Goldman is a very good defensive tackle who would fit the New York Giants 4-3 scheme. He is a player who will demand double teams, which strengthens the outside pass rush. He is also athletic enough to perform stunts and the occasional fire zone.