The New York Giants have several needs in the 2015 NFL Draft, the running back position is certainly one of them. Ameer Abdullah, arguably the third best running back in this draft class is somebody the Giants should have their eye on.
The 5′ 9″ 205 lbs. Abdullah is perhaps the most versatile running back in this draft class. He not only is a great rusher but he is a dangerous receiving threat out of the backfield. He also is a good return specialist, which will help his cause in the National Football League.
Abdullah ran a 4.6 second 40 yard dash at the combine. He also had a vertical jump of 42.5 inches and a broad jump of 130 inches, which displays the powerful burst he can get from his legs. Abdullah is a very good athlete. While he lacks the physical style that Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley have, he is very talented.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 39th Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Athletic ability: Abdullah is a speedy running back with great bursts of acceleration. He can swiftly change directions without losing speed and is quite elusive
- Patience: Abdullah lets the offensive linemen do their job to give him a lane to run through, he is a disciplined running back with good vision
- Multi-talented: Abdullah is a good receiver out of the backfield, he understands and executes his role in pass protection and he can return punts. He is certainly not a 1 trick pony, rather he is a work horse
- Abdullah has a fumbling problem
- Does not have ideal size