May I introduce to you one of the best free safety prospects in the 2015 NFL Draft, Cody Prewitt. The Ole’ Miss Rebel is 6′ 2″ and 208 lbs. He hits like a hammer, he has ball skills and is an aggressive football player.
Prewitt is a free safety who also has a strong safety skill-set. He is a physical downhill attacker who takes pleasure in being an enforcer. He hits like a strong safety but he runs like a free safety. Prewitt had three interceptions last season. His best season was in 2013 when he picked off six passes.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 35th Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Looks the part: Good size and length for a free safety
- Takes good angles, very little wasted movement
- High football IQ: He recognizes route concepts, he flies to the football
- Plays fast, reckless: Prewitt is a ball-hawk as he takes chances and doesn’t hesitate
- Good speed (4.6 40 yard dash time)
- Delivers hard hits, good tackler
- Ball skills
- Risk taker: This is a trait that you cautiously love in a free safety. It helps him be a constant threat to pick off passes, but it also gets him beat deep
The New York Giants could use better play from the free safety position in 2015, making Prewitt an option for the Giants to consider. Prewitt is not in play at the 9th overall selection, however he would be great value with the 41st overall selection. The Giants have more pressing needs than a free safety, but Prewitt would be an upgrade at the position. Overall, Prewitt is a good prospect who could develop into a big playmaker on defense.