Dante Fowler Jr. is one of the best pass rushers in a pass rusher filled 2015 NFL Draft class. The New York Giants are always in the search for great pass rushers. A potential top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, Fowler Jr. has jaw dropping talent. He excites 4-3 teams as a defensive end, while 3-4 teams see him as an outside linebacker. Fowler Jr. has such a rare skill-set that he could play a number of positions on defense.
He put up great production at Florida. In the 2014 season he had 7.5 sacks, including a three sack performance in the Gators Birmingham Bowl win against East Carolina. The 6′ 3″ 261 lbs. Fowler Jr. ran a 4.6 second 40 yard dash at the 2015 NFL Combine.
GMEN Big Board Ranking: 14th Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Explosive off the ball
- Great acceleration
- Uses quickness to beat tackles off the edge and also to beat them inside
- Good tackler
- Shorter than ideal arms
- Inconsistent player against the run
- Could bulk up some, get stronger
There is no doubt that Fowler Jr. has the potential to be a great football player. He needs to prove that he is more than just a pass rusher. That being said he has the talent, the things that you can’t coach and he has a very high motor. Fowler Jr. is a bit of a raw prospect, in the sense that there is room for growth in his skill-set. He is however talented enough to become one of the most versatile defenders in the NFL.
Fowler Jr. would be good fit for the Giants with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 defensive end. Though there is no promise that he will be available at the 9th overall selection. Fowler Jr. is a hot commodity in the NFL draft.