Continuing our coverage of the 2015 NFL Draft, we look at the inside linebacker from Clemson, Stephone Anthony. Anthony is a textbook tackler and the Giants need a heavy dose in the second level of their defense.
Anthony is the 4th ranked inside linebacker on the GMENHQ Big Board. He is a tough football player who plays fast. The thing that I love about Anthony is that he is aggressive. He flies to the football and he brings the running back down. While he may be over aggressive at times (taking himself out of the play) if he makes a mistake, it is at full speed. With good coaching, Anthony will be a reliable player.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 46th Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Decent Speed
- Plays fast and furious
- Great tackler
- Good blitzing ability
- Can stay on the field on third downs and in sub packages
- Risk taker
- Good but not great athleticism.
The Giants need a linebacker and they need one bad. The Giants should target Anthony in the 3rd round if they value him. Anthony lacks the consistency and the jaw dropping talent that comes with being a first round selection.
The first round belongs to the pass rushers. Interior linebackers will start going off the board near the end of the first round. Anthony could hear his name in the second round but his best value is in the 3rd. If the Giants can get him at the right position in the draft, it would behoove the defense and possibly the special teams units.