Stefon Diggs may be the best diamond in the rough that the 2015 NFL Draft has to offer. The 6-0 195 lbs. wide receiver from Maryland is one of the most explosive players at the wide receiver position.
It was almost surprising that Diggs decided not to come back to the Terps for his senior season. He has had back to back seasons ended by injury which will concern any team that looks at him. At the NFL Combine, Diggs certainly impressed. He had a 4.46 second 40 yard dash and showed that he was a great overall athlete.
I have Diggs ranked higher than most, because I have how special and electrifying he can be. The New York Giants would be foolish to write off Diggs, who they can probably get in the middle rounds as a draft steal. Diggs would be a Jacoby Jones like return man from day one. His skill set is similar to Tavon Austin who the Rams took 8th overall in the 2013 NFL Draft.
GMENHQ Big Board Ranking: 63rd Overall Prospect
More from NY Giants Draft
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- 7-Round NY Giants NFL Mock Draft after the NFL Combine
- 3 Players Giants Should Draft to Enhance 2023 NFC East Odds
- 7 under-the-radar NY Giants targets to watch at the NFL Combine
- NY Giants 7-round NFL Mock Draft: Big Blue trades up to ruin Baltimore’s plans
- Flashy athletic ability
- Reliable hands
- Good vertical ability
- Quality kick returner
- Great yards after the catch
- Plagued by injuries
- Not a precise route runner
- More of an athlete than a polished wide receiver
The Giants could get Diggs in the 4th or 5th round of the draft in all likelihood. He would be a perfect slot receiver. Imagine the speed of Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr. and Diggs all on the same offense, defenses would be afraid to play cover 2.
The Giants need a slot receiver and Diggs could be the guy to fill that role. The best thing about it of course, is that he could be a draft steal. What kind of general manager doesn’t like the sound of that?