Feb 1, 2015; Glendale, AZ, USA; New England Patriots free safety Devin McCourty (32) celebrates an interception during the fourth quarter against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
1. Devin McCourty
Devin McCourty has to be a must sign for the Giants. There’s no if, ands, or buts. Antrel Rolle is most likely not going to be resigned, and that leaves a glaring need at safety. Nat Berhe and Cooper Taylor are the only safeties on the roster and they are unproven.
Adding McCourty to the Giants secondary would make them have one of the top 10 secondaries in the NFL. He would also be able to mentor Taylor and Berhe into formidable players. The Giants 29th ranked defense would instantly become more of a threat.
By the way that it looks, they’re going to have to price the Philadelphia Eagles out, and that is a really difficult task for the conservative Giants organization.
More from GMEN HQ
- Giants News: Jon Feliciano headed to the 49ers, Joe Schoen signs CB to new deal
- Giants News: Darius Slayton won’t put up with Daniel Jones ‘slander’ moving forward
- NFL Rumors: Odell Beckham Jr. calls out teams even thinking about low-ball offer
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- New Daniel Jones workout clip has arrived and he looks fantastic