Dec 28, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Giants defensive endJason Pierre-Paul
(90) reacts against the Philadelphia Eagles during the second quarter at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Report Card: 2010 NFL Draft
- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE USF (Rd. 1 15th overall pick)
- Linval Joseph, DT East Carolina (Rd. 2 46th overall pick)
- Chad Jones, DB LSU (Rd. 3 76th overall pick)
- Phillip Dillard, LB Nebraska (Rd. 4 115th overall pick)
- Mitch Petrus, OG Arkansas (Rd. 5 147th overall pick)
- Adam Tracy, DE William & Mary (Rd. 6 184th overall pick)
- Matt Dodge, P East Carolina (Rd. 7 221st overall pick)
One Hit Wonder:
The Giants hit a home run selecting Jason Pierre-Paul. Reese gets a ton of credit for drafting an incredible athlete with the 15th overall pick, think about that for a second. Joseph is not a horrible pick, but again its nothing to brag about in round 2.
We are starting to see a pattern develop in the Reese drafts. He finds one or two good players and he wastes the rest of his picks. Do I even need to remind you the horror that Matt Dodge inflicted on this franchise? Who would have guessed that a punt would have been one of the worst plays in Giants’ history?
Draft Grade: C
It’s just another average draft from the Giants. Pierre-Paul saves this draft grade big time. The pattern is quite clear at this point in the Reese tenure.
Next: Report Card: 2011 NFL Draft