Dec 27, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; Southern California Trojans defensive endLeonard Williams
(94) tries to get past Nebraska Cornhuskers lineman Matt Finnin (59) in the 2014 Holiday Bowl at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Top 5 Defensive Ends
* Please note that this does not include outside linebackers who could play defensive end. Being a Giants fan site, I prioritized 4-3 defensive ends.
1. Leonard Williams (USC): Williams is perfect for either the 3-4 or 4-3. He is a good pass rusher who is stout against the run. He uses his length, quickness and power to rush the passer.
2. Randy Gregory (Nebraska): A long and fast defensive end, Gregory is a pass rush specialist. He has a high ceiling.
3. Nate Orchard (Utah): Orchard is quick and has a tall frame and long arms, but needs to add more of a power aspect to his pass rushing abilities.
4. Preston Smith (Miss St.): Smith is a powerful defensive end who is great at stopping the run. This is a high football IQ player who makes big plays.
5. Markus Golden (Missouri): Golden is explosive and wins off the edge with regularity. He was Shane Ray’s sidekick at Missouri in the pass rushing department.
Next: Top 5 Defensive Tackles