Nov 8, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Golden Gophers tight end Maxx Williams (88) catches a touchdown past Iowa Hawkeyes defensive back John Lowdermilk (37) in the first half at TCF Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
Top 5 Tight Ends:
1. Maxx Williams Minnesota: Williams is a big tight end who has the speed to make plays down the field. He isn’t Rob Gronkowski but he is a solid playmaker.
2. Clive Walford, Miami: Walford has a big frame, strong hands and is quick. He could be a reliable receiving threat but he isn’t a game changer.
3. Tyler Kroft, Rutgers: Kroft is 6-6 and has great vertical ability. He is not an overly skilled player, he is very raw. That said he could develop into a star.
4. Jeff Huerman, OSU: This is a decent tight end. He kind of reminds me of a poor man’s Heath Miller.
5. Ben Koyack, Notre Dame: Koyack has a big frame and is a decent route runner with decent speed.
Next: Top 5 Offensive Tackles