SS, Souther Utah Thunderbirds
Height: 6 feet 3 inches
Weight: 230 pounds
Honorable mention all-Big Sky (2012, 2013)
Second team-all Big Sky defensive team (2014)
According to NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter, Killebrew is:
"“a linebacker-sized (6-3, 230) strong safety who shuts down FCS receivers and running backs on a regular basis. While he has great size, Killebrew doesn’t just play inside the box, though he’ll likely flourish there on Sundays.”"
An area scout said Miles is better than Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon when they came out, but is projected to go in rounds 2 through 4.
SS, Middle Tennessee State
Date of Birth: August 17, 1993 (age 22)
Height: 5′ 11″
Weight: 216 lbs
- Ranks 1st in interceptions, interception return yards, and interception return touchdowns in school history
- First Team All-Conference-USA (2014, 2015)
- Most interceptions in the conference (2014, 2015)
- 4th most career interceptions in conference since 2000
- 4th in the conference in solo tackles, 5th in combined tackles (2013)
- FWAA Freshman All-American (2012)
- Second Team All-Sun Belt Conference (2012)
- First Team All-SBC by CollegeSportsMadness.com (2012)
Byard was one of three safeties that NFL.com thinks would be a fit for the Giants. An AFC North scout was quoted as saying…
"“…he looks like a corner out there with his cover skills. And then on other plays he’s a safety with his run fits and toughness. He’s a versatile player with a nose for the ball”"
RB, UCLA Bruins
Date of birth: November 16, 1994 (age 21)
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 210 pounds
- Second-team All-Pac-12 (2015)
- Alamo Bowl Offensive MVP (2015)
Perkins is considered an “under the radar” pick who can pass block and make the first guy miss. DraftTek.com thinks if the Giants don’t get Pharoh Cooper, Big Blue could end up with this Bruin in the 3rd Round. His father, Paul “Bruce” Perkins, played fullback at Arizona State and briefly in the NFL. His uncle, Don Perkins, played eight seasons as a running back with the Dallas Cowboys.
WR, Oklahoma Sooners
Date of birth: c. 1994 (age 21–22)
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 193 pounds
- Semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- First Team All-American by ESPN.com
- Second Team All-American by CBS Sports and USA Today
- Third Team All-American by Phil Steele
- All-American honorable mention honors from Sports Illustrated
- All-Big 12 First Team by league’s coaches, ESPN.com and Phil Steele
- All-Big 12 Second Team by AP
- Disney’s Wide World of Sports Spirit Award Winner (2014)
- 86 catches, 1,288 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns in 2015
- 4th in punt returns yards per return in the conference
- 7th in career receiving yards in the conference since 1996
DraftTek.com believes the Giants will go offense in the 3rd Round and if they don’t select Cooper or Perkins, they’ll pick Sterling with the 71st overall pick.
S, Duke Blue Devils
Date of birth: December 9, 1992 (age 23)
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: 210 pounds
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year (2015), first Blue Devils player to earn the award
- Finalist for Lott Impact Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, and Jim Thorpe Award
- Consensus All-American Honors (2015)
WalterFootball.com believes Big Blue will go Blue Devil in the 4th round, selecting straight Cash, homey. In 39 career games at Duke, Cash compiled 333 tackles, 38 tackles for loss, 8 sacks, six interceptions, nine forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, 15 pass breakups and 15 quarterback pressures.
Cash is one of seven players in school history to post three seasons with 100-plus tackles. The three-time All-ACC pick ranks 12th on the school’s all-time tackle chart.
Next: MID TO LATE ROUND OPTIONS