New York Giants star tight end Darren Waller is expected to play in Week 8 against the New York Jets despite being listed as questionable with a hamstring injury.
Waller was limited in practice this week, but the Giants are just giving their star tight end a breather to make sure he is good to go.
Waller dealt with a bunch of injuries in recent seasons, so it makes sense to not tax him this early in the 2023 campaign.
Darren Waller injury status for Week 8 game vs. New York Jets
Waller is listed as questionable for Week 8 against the Jets.
Best Darren Waller prop bet for Week 8 vs. New York Jets
Darren Waller OVER 42.5 receiving yards
This is a steal for Waller in Week 8, as the Giants tight end has really come into form the last few weeks, especially with Tyrod Taylor under center.
In his last three games, Waller has posted stat lines of:
- Week 7: seven catches, 98 yards, touchdown
- Week 6: five catches, 43 yards
- Week 5: eight catches, 86 yards
The star tight end is really coming into his own in a Giants uniform, clearing this prop in three straight games and four of his last six.
I think he’ll be relied on heavily against a tough Jets defense.
If you’re considering tailing this prop for Waller, you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook! New users that sign up with the link below will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets if they place a $5 wager.
Darren Waller injury history
Waller has dealt with injuries the past few seasons, but he hasn’t missed a game for the Giants this season.
- Oct. 2015: Concussion – missed one game
- Oct. 2015: Hamstring – landed on season-ending IR
- Dec. 2019: Thumb – had surgery on a thumb fracture
- Oct. 2021: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – missed one game
- Oct. 2022: Hamstring – placed on IR with the injury
When is Darren Waller coming back?
Waller is expected to play in Week 8 against the Jets despite being limited in practice this week.
New York Giants next 5 opponents
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Dallas Cowboys, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Washington Commanders, Sunday, Nov. 19
- New England Patriots, Sunday, Nov. 26
- Green Bay Packers, Monday, Dec. 11
New York Giants injury report
- Gary Brightwell – out
- Darren Waller – questionable
- Andrew Thomas – doubtful
- Adoree Jackson – questionable
- Daniel Jones – out
- Evan Neal – questionable
- John Michael Schmitz – questionable
- Kayvon Thibodeaux – questionable
New York Jets injury report
- Michael Carter II – questionable
- Irvin Charles – doubtful
- Randall Cobb – questionable
- Joe Tippmann – out
- Will McDonald IV – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.