The New York Giants are officially in the race for the No. 1 overall pick. It's been a disaster of a season for them, marred by injuries, poor play, bad luck, and embarrassing defeats.
The Giants will now hit the road to take on an NFC East opponent in the Washington Commanders, whose season is also on the brink of being over with a 4-6 record. Just because neither team has a ton to play for at this point, this doesn't mean we can't make some money by betting on it.
If you want my best bet for all 14 NFL Week 11 games, you can find them in the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to join me in betting on the game, be sure to do it over at FanDuel Sportsbook. if you click the link below to sign up for an account, you'll receive $150 in bonus bets if your first $5 wager wins!
Giants vs. Commanders odds, spread, and total
Giants vs. Commanders betting trends
- Giants are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games
- The UNDER is 7-1 in the Giants' last eight games
- Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last six games vs. Commanders
- Giants are 5-0 ATS in their last five games played in Washington
- The UNDER is 14-4 in the Commanders' last 18 home games
- Commanders are 5-0 ATS in their last five games played in November
Giants vs. Commanders injury reports
New York Giants injury report
- Evan Neal - OT - Questionable
- Adoree Jackson - CB - Questionable
- Deon Jackson - RB - Questionable
- Mark Glowinski - G - Questionable
- Jalin Hyatt - WR - Questionable
Washington Commanders injury report
- Alex Armah - RB - Questionable
- James Smith-Williams - DE - Questionable
Giants vs. Commanders how to watch
- Date: Sunday, November 19
- Game Time: 1:00 pm EST
- Venue: FedEx Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- New York Giants Record: 2-8
- Washington Commanders Record: 4-6
Giants vs. Commanders key players to watch
New York Giants
Saquon Barkley: With Tommy DeVito likely going to get the start once again this week, the Giants are going to have to rely on Saquon Barkley to create any level of offense for the Giants. The Commanders are allowing 4.4 yards per play so Barkley may be poised to have a big game.
Terry McLaurin: If the Commanders want to win and cover the spread, they need to have a big game for their top receiver, Terry McLaurin, who leads the team in receptions (51) and yards (601) by a significant margin. He hauled in six receptions for 90 yards against the Giants back in their Week 4 meeting.
Giants vs. Commanders prediction and pick
I cringe any time I hit the "submit" button on a bet on the Giants. I know Tommy DeVito might be the worst quarterback in the NFL and they have an average scoring margin of -14.7 this season, but I just can't imagine laying 10 points on this Commanders team no matter who they're playing.
Washington is 27th in the NFL in Net Yards per Play at -0.6 and also ranks 20th in EPA per play and 31st in opponent EPA per play. Most importantly, they're allowing teams to average 4.4 yards per carry against them so the Giants running the ball on nearly every play may work to some extent.
A double-digit spread is a big deal in an NFL game and I simply don't think the Commanders are deserving of being favored by that number.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!