The Giants season is quickly going off the rails as the team stands 1-3 on the season heading to face the vaunted 3-1 Miami Dolphins in Week 5 action, and it likely won't get easier with the team still waiting to get back its best offensive weapon in Saquon Barkley.
Barkley has been working his way back from a high ankle sprain suffered in Week 2, and while there was optimism that he may be able to go on Sunday, it appears that he will be out for this one, needing at least another week to prepare to return.
Here's the latest we are reading about Barkley's availability for Week 5.
Saquon Barkley Injury Status for Week 5 game against Miami Dolphins
Barkley was questionable for this game all week, but he's going to miss htis game against the Dolphins, according to NFL Network's Ian Rappaport.
Best Saquon Barkley prop bet for Giants vs. Dolphins in NFL Week 5
Saquon Barkley anytime touchdown scorer
There are no odds available for Barkley given that he is doubtful for this one, but this would've been a strong matchup for the Giants running back to thrive against a Dolphins rush defense that is 30th in EPA/Rush so far this season.
It'll likely be Matt Breida as the primary back for Big Blue on Sunday afternoon.
If you are betting on the NFL Sunday, make sure to do so at Caesars Sportsbook, who is matching all new users first bets up to $1,000! Click below to opt in!
Saquon Barkley injury history
- Dec. 2022: Cervical Neck Stinger -- missed no time
- Oct. 2021: Sprained Ankle -- missed four games
- Sept. 2020: Torn ACL -- missed rest of season
- Sept. 2019: Sprained ankle -- missed three games
When is Saquon Barkley coming back?
Barkley has been out since Week 3, but it does appear that he is trending in the right direction and is a candidate to play in Buffalo next weekend on Sunday Night Football against the Bills.
Giants next 5 opponents
If Barkley is able to return in the next five games, this is their lineup or upcoming opponents:
- at Bills, Sunday, Sunday, Oct. 15
- Commanders, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Jets, Sunday, Sunday, Oct. 29
- at Raiders, Sunday, Nov. 5
- at Cowboys, Sunday, Nov. 12
New York Giants injury report
- G, Shane Lemieux, Groin, OUT
- C, John Michael Schmitz, Shoulder, OUT
- OT, Andrew Thomas, Hamstring, OUT
- TE, Daniel Bellinger, Knee, Questionable
Miami Dolphins injury report
- G, Robert Jones, Knee, OUT
- DB, Nik Needham, Achilles, OUT
- G, Lester Cotton, Ankle, Questoinable
- LB, Jaelan Phillips, Oblique, Questionable
- OL, Connor Williams, Groin, Questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.