The New York Giants may be getting star running back Saquon Barkley back in the lineup in week 6 against the Buffalo Bills, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
Barkley has missed the team’s last three games after suffering an ankle injury against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2.
With Danile Jones (neck) out for this game, Barkley’s return would be a massive boost to an offense that is being forced to play Tyrod Taylor on Sunday.
Here’s the latest on Barkley’s injury:
Saquon Barkley injury status for Week 6 against Buffalo Bills
The Giants have listed Barkley as questionable for Sunday night’s game. If he can’t go, Matt Breida and Gary Brightwell would likely carry the load again in the backfield.
Best Saquon Barkley prop bet for Week 6 vs. Bills
Saquon Barkley anytime touchdown scorer
Barkley has a favorable matchup in this game if he is able to play.
Buffalo is allowing the second most yards per carry in the NFL this season, and the Giants may want to keep the ball on the ground with Taylor under center.
There’s no doubt that Barkley is the best offensive option for the Giants, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he found the end zone in Week 6 if he’s able to play.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Giants and Bills, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets.
Saquon Barkley injury history
Barkley has dealt with a few injuries since tearing his ACL in the 2020 season:
- Sept. 2019: Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2
- Sept. 2020: Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 – missed rest of season
- Oct. 2021: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull
- Dec. 2022: Cervical Neck Stinger – did not miss time
- Sept. 2023: Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 – missed last three games
When is Saquon Barkley coming back?
It appears that Barkley has a real chance to play in Sunday night’s game. If not, he will next have a chance to play in Week 7 against Washington.
New York Giants next 5 opponents
- Washington Commanders, Sunday, Oct. 22
- New York Jets, Sunday, Oct. 29
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Nov. 5
- Dallas Cowboys, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Washington Commanders, Sunday, Nov. 19
New York Giants injury report
- Saquon Barkley – questionable
- Darren Waller – questionable
- Daniel Jones – out
- Gary Brightwell – questionable
- DJ Davidson – questionable
- Shane Lemieux – questionable
- Micah McFadden – questionable
- Evan Neal – questionable
- Azeez Ojulari – out
- Matt Peart – out
- John Michael Schmitz – questionable
- Andrew Thomas – out
Buffalo Bills injury report
- Dane Jackson – questionable
- Dalton Kincaid – questionable
- Dawson Knox – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.