After 3 interceptions, Giants fall to 0-6.
“We did a lot of good things, we didn’t do enough” – Tom Coughlin
2 Drives, 2 interceptions. Giants never caught up.
Eli finished 14-26 with 239 yards and 1 TD. The 3 interceptions are what cost the team.
- First drive, Randle and Eli not on the same page and was picked off.
- 2nd drive, Randle and Eli not on the same page once again, the ball was intercepted for a TD.
- Completed next 8 passes.
- The 3rd came on the last drive of the game which was a ball thrown high to Myers down the field, the ball went off his hands and was intercepted.
Brandon Jacobs was the bright spot for this team, finished with 22 carries for 106 yards and 2 TDs.
- Longest run was for 16
- Looked like the Jacobs of old, lowering the shoulder, barreling over defenders.
John Conner is a huge addition for this team, have to give him some credit for the success of Jacobs.
Rueben Randle had a strong showing despite the early troubles finished with 3 receptions for 75 yards and a TD.
Hakeem Nicks had 4 for 70.
Cruz had 4 for 68.
Jay Cutler dissected the defense with all the time in the world despite the “blitzes” that were drawn up.
- 24 for 36 for 262 and 2 TDs.
- Also ran 3 times for 20 yards.
Brandon Marshall’s size was no match for the Giants as he racked up 9 receptions for 87 yards and 2 TDs.
The Black Unicorn Martellus Bennett had 6 for 68 with a big first down at the end of the game.
Forte was only held to 67 yards on 19 carries, however he also had 6 receptions for 44 yards.
Jon Beason came in and contributed immediately, 12 total tackles.
Tim Jennings stepped up in the absence of Chris Tillman and had 2 INTs, one for a TD.
Quick Blow By Blow:
First possession was an interception to Tim Jennings
Bears drove down to the 4, went for it on 4th and 2, Marshall dropped the ball for a turnover on downs.
Ensuing drive Eli was picked on a ball thrown for a curl route, Randle was not there, was taken to the house by Jennings.
Giants then had their first 10 play drive of the season. 80 yards in 6 minutes, ended by Jacobs rumbling into the endzone.
Marshall and Cutler drove down the field for a TD.
Randle caught a play action pass and scored from 37 yards out.
Bears drove down the field again, back shoulder fade to the front of the endzone to Marshall. Need to know it is coming.
Nicks then dropped a 3rd down slant, would have been caught if his name was Brandon Marshall.
Bears kicked a 40 yard field goal to end the half.
On the first drive of the 2nd half, Will Hill was flagged on a ridiculous penalty on a Cutler slide, drive ended in a 52 yard field goal to go up 27-14
Next scoring drive started on the Giants 9 yard line, drove 91 yards in 9 plays for a TD run by Jacobs
- Randle may have gotten away with a fumble after he slammed the ball after slipping on a would be TD.
- Pass interference call against Cruz put the ball at the 1.
Giants started their next drive on the 8. Drive stalled when a ball was thrown out of bounds by Eli, however Nicks was thrown out of bounds. Pass interference was called at first, but waived off. Should have been unnecessary roughness, though.
The Giants last drive of the game started from their own 11 yard line down 6 with 5:21 left
- Giants drove down the field
- Jacobs had 2 runs for over 10 yards but hurt his leg
- Scott came in ran for 13 but then hurt his leg as well, helped off.
- Eli ended up throwing a high ball to Myers which tipped off his hands into the waiting arms of Tim Jennings.
Martellus Bennett drew a holding call on Antrel Rolle, in the end it didn’t matter anyway, he had the first down to end the game.