Oct 11, 2014; New Orleans, LA, USA; Connecticut Huskies cornerback Byron Jones (16) looks for a signal against the Tulane Green Wave in the third quarter at Yulman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Glenn Andrews-USA TODAY Sports
1. Byron Jones, Connecticut
Byron Jones is a 6’1″ and 199 pounds cornerback out of the University of Connecticut. Despite suffering a major shoulder injury last year, Jones had great combine with some pretty good numbers. He had a 44.5 inch vertical jump, 147.0 inch broad jump, and did the 3-cone drill in 6.78 seconds.
Jones is another versatile player that can play the safety position as well. In 2013, he had 3 interceptions thanks to how smart he plays defensively. He can read plays well and knows how to disrupt passes or frustrate receivers.
Overall, Jones is a very smart player and he’s a good tackler with awesome instincts. His willingness to play thru injury while being an encourager and motivator to his fellow teammates on and off the field shows his leadership skills. The Giants need a leader style player like Jones that can make great defensive plays and motivate the team no matter what.
More from GMEN HQ
- Giants News: Jon Feliciano headed to the 49ers, Joe Schoen signs CB to new deal
- Giants News: Darius Slayton won’t put up with Daniel Jones ‘slander’ moving forward
- NFL Rumors: Odell Beckham Jr. calls out teams even thinking about low-ball offer
- 4 LBs the NY Giants should target in the draft after signing Bobby Okereke
- New Daniel Jones workout clip has arrived and he looks fantastic