Aug 30, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; West Virginia Mountaineers wide receiver Jordan Thompson (10) is hit by Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back Landon Collins (26) as he tries to catch a pass in the fourth quarter of the 2014 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: RVR Photos-USA TODAY Sports
1. Landon Collins, SS (Alabama)
Collins is a really physical strong safety with the ability to run and make plays all over the field. Easily a top 25 talent, circumstance dropped Collins out of the first round. Teams that could have used a strong safety went with other positions first.
Collins is a versatile player who will help both your rush defense and your pass defense. What Collins brings to the table is his ability to move all over the field. He has coverage skills and matches up favorably against most tight ends in the NFL.
Collins should have been selected in the first round. Just like the previous four prospects, I am shocked to see Collins still on the board. This is easily the best player available.
More from GMEN HQ
- Ranking Dave Gettleman’s 5 worst Giants moves after the Kenny Golladay release
- Workout clip of Evan Neal training with former All-Pro OT has Giants fans excited
- NFL Draft Schedule of Events: How to Navigate Draft Weekend
- 4 NY Giants who must step their game up in 2023
- This SEC CB at No. 25 overall for the Giants is gaining steam