Dec 21, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; Oakland Raiders receiver James Jones (89) runs onto the field through a procession of cheerleaders before the game against the Buffalo Bills at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
3. Giants Gain Veteran Leadership: I am a huge fan of guys who have been there before. Jones has won a Super Bowl in 2010 with the Packers. He has scored touchdowns in the playoffs. For a Giants team that is freakishly inexperienced in many areas, that is very important.
Jones will be a good influence on an Odell Beckham Jr. who is still very inexperienced. Jones will be a good presence in the locker room and he will build a chemistry with Manning and company. It is always good to have somebody who knows the business and how to carry himself.
The Giants really have a bunch of guys who haven’t been there before. In the receiving group, on the offensive and defensive line, in the secondary as well the Giants have a bunch of players with little to none starting experience. Adding a veteran surely is a good idea.
More from GMEN HQ
- Ranking Dave Gettleman’s 5 worst Giants moves after the Kenny Golladay release
- Workout clip of Evan Neal training with former All-Pro OT has Giants fans excited
- NFL Draft Schedule of Events: How to Navigate Draft Weekend
- 4 NY Giants who must step their game up in 2023
- This SEC CB at No. 25 overall for the Giants is gaining steam